Greetings from both sides of the globe!
Tom has arrived safely in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea! Before he left, our family prayed that God would go before him, preparing the way and arranging the right meetings and contacts. The Father has shown Himself so faithful! After being there just 2 days, Tom has already found a house to rent within our budget–you have to understand that our housing budget for Port Moresby was impossible according to human reasoning. But we serve a great God!
Below is our “new” house! Tom will be moving in next week; and the rest of us will hopefully be joining him soon.
| This Sunday, Jen will be sharing about our ministry during 3 different church services, two in Mechanicsburg, PA, in the morning and at an evening service in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.|
Next week (February 15) Jen and the kids will be traveling to Georgia. Jen will be sharing about our ministry with a supporting church in Statesboro, and they’re hoping to be able to attend our home church in Richmond Hill one final time to say farewell to friends.
If you would like Jen to share about our ministry with your family, small group, business, or congregation, give her a call at: 912-631-1951.
Ways you can help….
We still need approximately $6,000 for our family to fly to Papua New Guinea. Tickets are running about $1,500 per person (Jen + 3 kids). Will you please consider donating to our ticket fund? Your donations are tax deductible!
Port Moresby is a very spread-out city and our ministry will require lots of driving. Pray with us about the provision of a used car. We’ll need about $10,000 USD to purchased a dependable, used SUV. Tom said that due to the road conditions, we definitely need 4WD!
* Continued good health for Tom, and for God to continue to go before him, preparing the way for the rest of the family to join him soon, and for more God-ordained meetings.
* That Tom will be able to get our visas processed quickly!
* Safety and strength for Jenny as she travels, speaks, and continues to sort, pack, and clean the house. Also for her and the kids to have good health.
* God’s provisions of needed finances: monthly support, funds for tickets and a vehicle. We praise God for continuing to add to our monthly support team!
According to the Human Rights Watch, World Report 2016, “…an estimated 40 percent of the country [of Papua New Guinea] lives in poverty. Pressing issues include gender inequality, violence, corruption, and excessive use of force by police, including against children. Rates of family and sexual violence are among the highest in the world, and perpetrators are rarely prosecuted. PNG is one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a woman or girl, with an estimated 70 percent of women experiencing rape or assault in their lifetime.”https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2016/country-chapters/papua-new-guinea
You can make a huge difference in the lives of vulnerable women and children in Papua New Guinea. Your faithful monthly donation will help to feed, clothe, and educate victims of violence and human trafficking.
Monthly partners are the backbone of our ministry. We can also use annual and one-time donations for special projects and ministry needs (such as our vehicle).
Please pray about joining our team!
You can set up your giving in a way that is convenient for you:
- Online through our website: http://www.restoringunity.org/support You can select recurring monthly giving when you give this way.
- Automatic bill pay through your bank. Just contact us if you need any info regarding our bank (account number, etc). Phone: 912-631-1951
- Or mail your donation to: Restoration International, P.O. Box 73, Bainbridge, PA 17502. Make checks payable to: Restoration International.
- All donations are tax-deductible.
|Thank you, again, for your faithful prayers and support of our family as we seek to follow the Father’s path for us, reaching indigenous people with Hope!|
Tom & Jenny
Michael, Daniel, & Savannah Joy
Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 73
Bainbridge, PA 17502